Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Mighty Manifesto: an interview with Fronz Roddy


He is one of the most decorated stars of IN YOU FACE WRESTLING's history and certainly among it's most passionate performers. This man has recently rid himself of some dead weight, and one half of the tag titles, and is on the cusp of another impressive singles run. Where did this athlete come from? Where does he plan on going? And just what makes him so MIGHTY?

He is Fronz Roddy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WF: First of all... thank you for taking the time to do this interview. Anyone that frequents this site knows that I am a big fan of your work and to have the opportunity to do this is such an honor. In Your Face Wrestling puts on a fantastic show and there is no denying that you are a huge part of the overall experience and I really want to thank you for being the first featured interview here on the site.

FRONZ: Well you're right, it is an honor to be interviewing me. I have alot of offers for interviews and special appearances and whatnot, so consider yourself lucky.

WF: Ok, tell me about your roots.

FRONZ: Rocketed to Earth from a doomed planet, I was raised on a small farm in Kansas...wait, that's not it. The bite of a genetically altered spider granted....wait a minute. Caught in the middle of a gamma ray blast, brilliant scientist.....nope. Four turtles in the sewer covered in ooze.....haha, just joking with that one.

WF: Clearly.

FRONZ: But seriously, I was a lonely kid growing up.

WF: Still joking?

FRONZ: No! It was hard going through school being better than the other kids at everything. Nobody could match my intellect, or keep up with me in physical education. So, I found solace in two things: pro wrestling, and comic books. Yes, that's right, The Mighty One loves comics. I loved seeing these muscular guys beating up on the weak. Superman would throw wimpy Lex Luthor into jail by the scruff of his neck. Batman had no problem pummeling the Joker into a stupor. All the out of shape villains were vastly outmatched by the physically superior. I was inspired. So naturally, I was drawn to pro wrestling. And I knew at an early age that if I wanted to be a great wrestler, I would have to get in shape. So that's what started my love for bodybuilding and physical fitness (something I can see that you don't practice much).

WF: I'm really interested in hearing about your early days in the sport. Who trained you and tell me about your training, etc...

FRONZ: I became friends with two wrestlers from VT, who got me started and showed me the very basics of pro wrestling. But they were hacks, and didn't provide me with the experience that I needed. I was a quick learner, it all came very naturally to me, and I needed more than they were able to provide for me. I had to get away from those guys if I ever wanted to go anywhere in this business. So I ventured out, and began wrestling for Slam All-Star Wrestling out of St. Albans VT and a few other places before winding up in IYFW, learning and gathering experience along the way from whoever I could.

WF: Obviously, you're as big a fan of the business as you are of yourself. If you could point to one performer who, when you were younger, made you want to do what you do today, who would it be?

FRONZ: When I was young, I was a big fan of the WWF and the top stars like Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage, but it wasn't until later when I discovered Ric Flair, and I knew that I wanted to be a wrestler like him. He just bled success. He was in great shape, was the world champion countless times, got the girls, flew on jet planes, everything I wanted to aspire to be.

WF: Of all of the athletes and performers you have encountered in your career... Who do you have the MOST respect for... Other than yourself?

FRONZ: Other than myself? Oof, that's a tough one. 


WF: Asking the hard questions is kinda what I do.

FRONZ: I used to have respect for the Nothern Studd, till he proved to be a worthless tag partner. What a sap! I will say that young Adam Badger has impressed me. Not only is he one of the most physically fit guys in IYFW and a terrific athlete, but he let's the fat fans know what's on his mind, even if it is sometimes colorful. Megastar Michael Monroe is slowly gaining my respect as well. And Pierre Vachon, a man whom I've had many battles with, has my respect as well. He may not be slim and trim like myself, but he is a monster of a man who gets the job done. And I don't hate "The Pillar" Roman Dominguez. He's ok.

WF: At this point, what would you describe as your ultimate goal in this business?

FRONZ: To be the top star in every organization I encounter. Crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of the women.

WF: I dig it, I dig it. Looking back at your storied career, what would you say has been your greatest moment in the ring?

FRONZ: I've had many great moments in the ring, but reigning as the IYFW champ for over a year was definetly a crowning achievment.

WF: Tell me about your time as THE longest reigning IYFW Champion.

FRONZ: I won't lie, it was difficult, taking on all comers, and being challenged for the belt as often as I was. But the Mighty survive, and everyone found that out when they got in the ring with me. I'd still be champion, but Drake Evans stole the title from me. He always had the odds in his favor, be it a stop sign in one match or the unfair advantage of the lumberjacks in my rematch. Notice how none of the champions since Drake have given me a title match? They're all afraid.

WF: We have seen the balance of power at the top of IYFW shift several times in the last 5 months. In recent memory alone we've seen Harold Touch'ole, and now Maxx Burton calling the shots... Where does Fronz Roddy fit in the grand scheme of things? With the mind that you clearly have for the business and the technical acumen you display in the ring... Would you agree that YOU are the most qualified and deserving man to be running the promotion?

FRONZ: Oh most def. Have I mentioned that I was the LONGEST reigning IYFW champion in history?

WF: Actually, *I* mentioned it...

FRONZ: Add the fact that I single handedly held the IYFW tag team championship on two seperate occasions, and nobody can match me in terms of strength and brains? I should be in charge. Unfortunetly, the schedule for an IYF official would cut into my demanding work out schedule. I spend more time training in a day than most people spend standing up in an entire week. I would have to refurnish the offices into a gym, and I don't think they have the money for the equipment I require.

WF: The Northern Studd... You were paired with him and had great success. Following the teams breakup in June, where does that leave you two? You were originally advertised to face the Studd in August at the BACC, but were instead booked against Liam McFerrin. Without revealing too much about what goes on on the other side of the curtain... I have to ask, What's the deal with you and the Studd? Will we see a resolution, i.e.; you beating him into oblivion for his unsolicited insolence?

FRONZ: It's strange, I have known the Northern Studd since I started in this business nearly 10 years ago, and I have never had a one on one match against him. Finally, the IYF offices were going to give me the chance to teach him a lesson and sign us to our first match. And guess what? He doesn't show up. Obviously, he is avoiding a confrontation with me. He won't be able to dodge me forever. One of these days, he won't be able to run anymore, and he will have to face my wrath.

WF: Naturally... let's talk about the tag team division in IYFW. I would argue that in spite of the absence of The International Ego Trip and Fronz Himself from the tag scene, that the tag scene is one of the biggest draws of the promotion given the depth of talent alone. Obviously, Monroe and Badger stand solid at the top, but right behind them are The Uprising, the Killer Steves, Celtic Crew, along with the impending, rumored return of Capital Punishment. This division is stacked. Am I nuts? What do you think about the tag division and will we see you re-enter the division with a more suitable tag partner any time soon?

FRONZ: First of all, you're a Mighty Fronz fan, so you're not completely nuts. Secondly, the tag division is very strong right now, despite my absence, with some exciting tag teams that you know of and some I've heard may be on the horizon. Thirdly, I don't see myself re-entering the tag division at this point of time, mostly because I don't see anybody I would consider worthy to be my partner. I have my sights set on another title anyway, so I'm much too busy.

WF: Since you're freely dispensing some opinion... let's do some quick word association:

FRONZ; Yeah yeah yeah...

WF: Northern Studd
FRONZ: Disgraceful

WF: Adrienne Blackhart
FRONZ: Harlot

WF: Maxx Burton
FRONZ: Axe....body spray. Haw! Get it? Cause they call him "The Ax"? I'm brilliant!

WF: Hmmm. Vigo
FRONZ: Champ...for now.

WF: Scott Scarsdale
FRONZ: Resourceful

WF: Ian Daniels
FRONZ: Who?

WF: Super Beast
FRONZ: Creature from the Black Lagoon

WF: Harold Touch'ole
FRONZ: Cunning

WF: Referee Adam Brunton
FRONZ: Screech

WF: "The Pillar" Roman Dominguez
FRONZ: Crafty

WF: Adam Badger
FRONZ: Censored

WF: Shiloh Robinson
FRONZ: Greenhorn

WF: ... and finally... Who do you like in the big title bout set to go down between Pierre "The Beast" Vachon and defending IYfW Champion, Vigo? ...and do you think we'll see a Mighty Champion anytime soon?

FRONZ: My money goes to The Beast. Vigo is a big, strong competitor, but he's got a conscience. He won't do what needs to be done to get the job done. Vachon, however, is a monster that has no conscience. He has no problem crossing the line to win. And I think that may come into play on October 1st. And it is only a matter of time before we have a Mighty champion again, and this time, I can guarantee that I will surpass my previous record title reign.

WF: Well... thanks again for taking your time and good luck in the "Cauldron"!

FRONZ: Haha! "Luck"...whatever.




3 comments:

  1. Wonder who will win, Fronz Roddy or Roman Dominguez for the New Breed Title at Cauldeon of Hate????

    ReplyDelete
  2. As great as the interview is with the great one, it has been Sept 3 since last update,
    I need my Wrestle fudge fix............WAR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. Always nice to hear. Hey, they make ME wait between shows, so I make YOU wait.

    Really though... Been waiting for maybe another match or two to maybe be announced before my next post. I generally like to do a preview/prediction post before an event. There's a TON of stuff for me to speculate on, but would rather have a few more facts in hand.

    But, you know what? Idea for my next post just hit me.

    Thanks WAR! Screw the people who say you're good for "absolutely nothing"!

    ReplyDelete